- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source with “extensive knowledge of the operation of NFL franchises,” believes teams will cut several players on Monday before the start of the 2016 league year.
- According to Florio, there could end up being dozens of older players with recognizable names added to the market on Monday.
- The most notable of which could be QB Peyton Manning, as the Broncos will look to prevent his $19 million salary from becoming guaranteed on Wednesday.
- Mike Wells believes the Colts need more depth at receiver to go along with T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief and Phillip Dorsett.
- Wells can see them not only drafting at least one receiver, but also signing “several” free agents at the position to compete for roster spots this summer.
Eagles VP of football operations Howie Roseman said Thursday that it’s important that they ensure that they can still re-sign DL Fletcher Cox to a long-term deal while making other moves this offseason.
“We have to make sure that we’re always in a place where we have to get Fletcher done,” Roseman said, via Philly Voice. “Anything that we do is in our mind, in the back of our mind, that we want to get Fletcher done, whether that’s today, tomorrow, whatever point in time. We want Fletcher to be here.”
With this in mind, Jimmy Kempski believes the Eagles could end being frugal in free agency this year.
Panthers CB Josh Norman made it clear that he has no intention of signing his franchise tender at any point in the near future.
“I’m comfortable where I’m at. Trust and believe.” Norman said, via the Charlotte Observer. “If I’ve waited this long I can wait on them some more. I got no problem waiting. Waiting got me where I need to be at the end of the day.
“Trust me: waiting is my specialty.”
Norman did, however, say that he doesn’t plan to hold out for a new contract this summer.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN writes that the only way the Ravens would take Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott at No. 6 overall is if they feel he’s the next Adrian Peterson.
- Hensley thinks Elliott would be a surprising pick for Baltimore, but can’t completely rule it out.
- Hensley doesn’t see the Ravens signing veteran DE Mario Williams.
- In regards to the draft, Hensley considers Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves and UCLA LB Myles Jack as the two most realistic picks for the Ravens right now .