- Free agent TE Vernon Davis tells Josina Anderson that he would like to play another “4-5 years” if possible.
- Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times expects the Buccaneers to tender a contract exclusive rights free agent DE Jacquies Smith.
- Auman adds that the only other exclusive rights decision the team has is DE Olatunji Fatinikun.
- Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer takes a look at some free agent safeties who could make sense for the Eagles in the coming weeks.
- According to Berman, a top-tier option like Eric Weddle is likely to be too expensive for them. Ascending players like George Iloka and Tashaun Gipson would fit the kind of players Howie Roseman generally targets, but their asking price will likely be high as well.
- More reasonable options for Philadelphia could include Rams’ Rodney McLeod and Lions’ Isa Abdul-Quddus.
- Some other defensive targets for the Eagles, according to Berman, could include Rams DT Nick Fairley, Lions LB Stephen Tulloch, and possibly Steelers CB Brandon Boykin.
- Philly still needs to decide on their own free agents such as S Walter Thurmond, DL Cedric Thornton, and CB Nolan Carroll.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post offers three free agents to keep an eye on for the Jets in the coming days.
- According to Costello, Chargers TE Ladarius Green, Redskins RB Alfred Morris and Packers OLB Nick Perry would all make sense for the Jets, considering their limited amount of cap space to work with.
- Patriots LT Nate Solder said that the Patriots’ medical and athletic training staff were please with his progress from a season-ending torn biceps.
- Mike Reiss is hearing that the Bears are a team to keep an eye on in regards to Patriots free agent DT Akiem Hicks.
- Reiss expects restricted free agents FB James Develin and OT LaAdrian Waddle to be back with the Patriots next year.
- According to Reiss, Patriots free agent S Tavon Wilson will likely test the open market, but the two sides aren’t closing the door on a potential return.