- According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Memphis QB Paxton Lynch stands to gain the most by the Eagles and Rams trading up for quarterbacks at the top of the draft.
- La Canfora mentions that while he doesn’t think the 49ers or Browns will take him at their current spots, he can’t entirely rule it out, either.
- One team to keep an eye on for Lynch, according to La Canfora, is the Saints at No. 12 overall.
- Adam Schefter reports that Lynch has visited with the Browns, Chiefs, Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, Chargers, Cardinals and Broncos before meeting with the Bears on Thursday.
Ronnie Stanley & Laremy Tunsil
- Jason La Canfora is hearing from sources around the league that more and more teams actually have Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley rated higher than Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil.
- According to La Canfora, some believe that the Chargers are among the teams with Stanley ahead of Tunsil.
- Even so, La Canfora doesn’t see Tunsil getting past the Ravens at No. 6 overall. In fact, La Canfora says it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that Baltimore could be choosing between Tunsil and Oregon DL DeForest Buckner next Thursday.
Bruce Tollner, the agent for both Carson Wentz and Jared Goff tells Jason La Canfora that neither he nor his clients know who will be the No. 1 pick.
“We honestly don’t know right now,” said Tollner. “You may have a certain feeling about how it might go, or which way a team might lean, but we honestly don’t know.”
- Jason La Canfora wonders if Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott could ultimately end up outside the top 10 now that the Eagles are taking a quarterback.
- La Canfora considers picks No. 10-13 to be “a real sweet spot” for Elliott.
- Jason La Canfora writes that if the Titans stay at No. 15 overall and don’t swing a deal to move back into the Top 10, Michigan State OT Jack Conklin could be their target.
- La Canfora is hearing that the Titans OL coach Russ Grimm “loves” Conklin.