- Jeremy Fowler believes the recent buzz surrounding WVU S Karl Joseph is legitimate, and he could end up be garnering first-round consideration. According to Fowler, the Steelers and Colts are among the teams that have done the most due diligence on Joseph.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Seahawks and Jets are looking into Gannon QB Liam Nadler late in draft process.
Jason Cole is reporting that the Dolphins have “strong interest” in Michigan State OT Jack Conklin as possible option at No. 13 overall.
- Dolphins executive Mike Tannenbaum mentioned that they have “no updates” regarding suspended DE/OLB Dion Jordan. Tannenbaum added that he doesn’t know if Jordan has applied for reinstatement. (Armando Salguero)
- Tannenbaum says there’s been preliminary conversations about trading their No. 13, and they appear to be open to either moving up or down in the draft. (James Walker)
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said of their interest in free agent CB Josh Norman: “There is a continuing interest…we do our due diligence. We do our homework.” (Tad Dickman)
Rams owner Stan Kronke denied that just owning the No. 1 overall pick from a marketing aspect had anything to do with their decision to trade up for the selection.
“The only reason we did it was purely football,” Kroenke said, via Pro Football Talk. “That sort of comes from the top. I’ve been around this business too long. You don’t win football games in the fall by headlines in the spring. Jeff and Les have done a great job in each of the last two years, they’ve drafted a rookie of the year — defensive rookie of the year out of the 13th spot, offensive rookie of the year out of the 10th spot. This year we’ve got the first pick. We gave up some assets, but they believe the value is there, so here we are.”