- Rich Cimini’s “hunch” is that the Jets won’t take Memphis QB Paxton Lynch in round one and instead re-sign veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and continue to develop Bryce Petty.
- A former GM tells Cimini that the Jets should move on from Fitzpatrick and sign Brian Hoyer, given that difference between the two players is “negligible.” The GM pointed to Hoyer being younger, a better deep-ball passer and having a cheaper price tag.
- Cimini considers it a no-brainer for the Jets to pick up DL Sheldon Richardson‘s fifth-year option and pass on CB Dee Milliner‘s.
- The Jets recently met with Florida State K Roberto Aguayo.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writes that the Panthers could use the money saved from losing CB Josh Norman to lock up DT Kawann Short to a long-term extension.
- Carolina is also expected to pick up DT Star Lotulelei at some point in the near future. (NFLTR)
- Mike Triplett of ESPN writes that the Saints may elect to take a cornerback in round one such as Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves III or Houston’s William Jackson III.
- If they wait to address the position, Triplett suggests Virginia Tech’s Kendall Fuller in Round 2 or Southeastern Louisiana’s Harlan Miller on Day 3.
Veteran CB Brandon Browner mentioned that returning to Seattle was a “no-brainer” move to him.
“That’s pretty much a no-brainer where I wanted to go if I had the option,” Browner told KIRO-AM in Seattle on Saturday. “I actually feel like I’ve never left although I’ve been gone for two seasons or whatnot, played for two different teams. I fit right in.”