Home / Patriots / NFL Notes: Patriots, Raiders, Redskins, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Patriots, Raiders, Redskins, & Steelers
- Following the news that the U.S. Appeals court upheld Tom Brady‘s four-game suspension stemming from DeflateGate, Ben Volin mentions the Patriots will probably need to sign a veteran third string quarterback in the near future, much like they did later with Matt Flynn.
- Jason Cole reports that Raiders owner Mark Davis will appear at a meeting in Las Vegas to discuss funding for a possible new stadium and the viability of relocating the team to Nevada.
- Cole adds that Davis is expected to pledge to move the team if funding is approved.
- Cole anticipates there being a fight between NFL owners about whether Las Vegas is a suitable market for an NFL team.
- Some owners reportedly want the Raiders to move to Vegas in order to keep them out of the Raiders.
- Redskins GM Scot McCloughan said that the addition of CB Josh Norman doesn’t change their draft plans while adding: “Can never have too many corners.” (Mike Jones)
- According to McCloughan, extension talks are still going on with franchise QB Kirk Cousins. McCloughan added: “It’s a process.” (Mike Jones)
- McCloughan added that he still very much wants to trade down and get more picks. As of now, there are no trade talks, but McCloughan expects to receive calls on draft day. (Mike Jones)
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said they’ve interviewed 120 players before draft. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Colbert added that trading up is “unlikely,” but trading back remains an option for them. (Ed Bouchette)
- Colbert mentioned that the free agent isn’t great right now, but admitted this could change after draft. (Bob Labriola)
- Colbert said that veteran QB Bruce Gradkowski worked out for them recently and looks healthy. Colbert added that they plan to evaluate whether to sign Gradkowski after the draft. (Ed Bouchette)
Tags Bruce Gradkowski Josh Norman Kevin Colbert Kirk Cousins Mark Davis Scot McCloughan