Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Sam Bradford, Trades, Browns & Colts
NFL Notes: Sam Bradford, Trades, Browns & Colts
- Following the news that Sam Bradford has requested a trade out of Philadelphia, Eagles executive VP Howie Roseman said: “I want to reiterate our support for Sam Bradford. He is our starting quarterback.” (John Clark)
- Roseman stressed that he’s just missing voluntary workouts right now, and added that they “look forward to seeing Sam again in the near future.” (John Clark)
- An NFL source tells Jeff Darlington to not dismiss probability the Eagles already planned to explore a Bradford trade regardless of his trade request.
- Darlington mentions that Chase Daniel is a perfect bridge to presumed No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz, as he knows HC Doug Pederson‘s system, and can be their long-term backup option.
- Darlington points out that the Eagles are already on hook for $11 million no matter what happens with Bradford, but if the dealt him, they’d at least recoup a draft pick.
- According to Darlington, the rest of Bradford’s deal is considered more friendly for a trade partner.
- Should Bradford miss all of training camp, he would forfeit 25 percent of his signing bonus and even more than that if the holds out into the regular season. (Ian Rapoport)
- Mike Klis reports that the Eagles haven’t given Bradford permission to seek a trade as of now.
- Albert Breer reports that there are four teams drafting between picks No. 3 – No. 8 that are open to trading back. According to Breer, these teams consist of the Chargers, Ravens, 49ers and Browns.
- If all of these teams are looking to trade back, it’s clearly setting up for a buyers market on Thursday.
- In regards to the Jets possibly trading franchise DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Matt Miller wouldn’t be surprised if the was dealt to a new team not to move up in round one, but instead to acquire more draft picks to work with.
- Jason Cole reports that the 49ers actually reached out the Panthers about a potential trade for CB Josh Norman before Carolina rescinded his franchise tag. However, Cole says talks between the two teams never went anywhere.
- There has been a decent amount of buzz about Browns HC Hue Jackson likely Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. However, Matt Miller is hearing that they actually want to target defensive upgrades.
- Colts veteran OLB Robert Mathis said he’s “more than willing” to sign a one-year extension with the team to continue working with and mentoring their young players.
Tags Carson Wentz Chase Daniel Doug Pederson Howie Roseman Josh Norman Muhammad Wilkerson Paxton Lynch Robert Mathis Sam Bradford