- Ian Rapoport mentions that Clemson S T.J. Green has worked himself into possibly being a late first-round pick. In fact, Rapoport adds that some teams actually have him highly rated as a cornerback.
- Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton reportedly has interest from the Jets. (Aaron Wilson)
- Western Carolina WR Karnorris Benson is reportedly drawing late interest from the Colts, Broncos, Jets, Giants, Vikings, Eagles, and Chiefs. (Aaron Wilson)
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke with a Cardinals scout who said they plan to target a defensive back in round.
- The center position is another area they could look early on, as they reportedly “love” Alabama C Ryan Kelly.
- According to Miller, it would not be surprising if they used WR Michael Floyd as trade bait to get some extra picks or possibly even move up.
- Clarence Hill mentions that with veteran CB Brandon Carr taking a pay cut to stay in Dallas, the Cowboys will be hard pressed to take FSU DB Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 overall with Orlando Scandrick and Morris Claiborne also making decent money.
- However, Matt Miller continues to hear that the Cowboys are “locked in” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey.
- If he isn’t available to them at No. 4 overall, Miller was told Ezekiel Elliott is “100 percent in play”.
- Matt Miller spoke with front office executives who expect the Falcons to take either a defensive end or a linebacker at No. 17 overall.
- In the event Darron Lee isn’t on the board for them at No. 17, Miller’s sources mentioned that they could be a candidate to trade back.
- Beyond that, Miller expects them to grab a guard in the middle rounds.
Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Memphis QB Paxton Lynch, mentioned that the Saints are among the interested teams in his client.
“There is interest,” Steinberg said, via Nick Underhill of the Advocate. “Whether or not they’ll pick him that high I’m not really sure.”
Steinberg added that he would prefer Lynch end up with a better team later on in the draft than go to a worse situation just a few spots higher.
“The draft’s just a snapshot,” Steinberg said. “I’d much rather have Paxton Lynch go to a good team with a good coach than have him go three or four picks higher and end up like a David Carr or a JaMarcus Russell or any of those players who haven’t made it.”
- Tom Condon mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that there’s nothing new to report regarding contract talks between the Saints and his client QB Drew Brees.
- Citing sources on the Saints’ coaching staff, Matt Miller reports that they want to get bigger at defensive tackle.
- Miller’s coaching sources offered their best guess of Sheldon Rankins in round one and a receiver in round two.
- Although, Miller adds that they had a strong debate over Robert Nkemdiche and to not rule him out in Round 1.