- According to Matt Miller, the Vikings prefer TCU WR Josh Doctson as a first-round target.
- Miller wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles used a mid-round pick on a running back with Louisiana Tech’s Kenneth Dixon being an option.
- Miller says that the word around the league is that the Buccaneers like offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley, but that they fear he won’t be there.
- The Redskins would reportedly “love” to get Alabama C Ryan Kelly in round, according to Miller, but may instead target defensive line or a big wide receiver.
- Matt Miller reports that the Dolphins are “enamored” with Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott.
- Sources have told Miller that a trade up ahead of the Bears for Elliott remains a possibility.
- Miller adds that the Dolphins are also expected to make a run at a cornerback early on in the draft.
- A front-office source tells Matt Miller that the Giants could change their approach this year and target a linebacker in round one.
- Miller mentions Darron Lee and Leonard Floyd as a few names to watch at No. 10 overall.
- Beyond that, Miller says the Giants would love to have Myles Jack available to them.
- A Giants’ source also did not rule out offensive tackle such as Jack Conklin for the Giants, according to Miller.
Mike Freeman of B/R writes that the opinion around the league appears regarding whether the Patriots cheated is beginning to shift in favor of New England.
“I hate the Patriots. I despise them,” an NFC team executive tells Freeman. “But they really should get those picks back.”
- Matt Miller spoke to a scout who believes the Patriots could target a strong safety with one of their two second-round picks.
- Scouts have also told Miller that New England would like to find a stand-up pass rusher to replace Chandler Jones in the second day of the draft.
- A source tells Matt Miller that the Raiders would love Ezekiel Elliott to fall to them.
- However, more realistic targets are likely to be a big defensive tackle or left tackle, according to Miller.
- Miller’s source specifically mentioned Chris Jones and Robert Nkemdiche as two names to watch for the Raiders.