Home / Cardinals / NFL Rumors: Draft, Dolphins, Giants & Patriots
NFL Rumors: Draft, Dolphins, Giants & Patriots
- Aaron Wilson reports that Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton is drawing late interest from the Jets, Texans, Vikings and Cardinals.
- Peter Schrager of Fox Sports reports that West Virginia S Karl Joseph is being viewed as a “sure fire” first-round pick.
- According to Schrager, Alabama C Ryan Kelly could end up being drafted in the top 20 and doubts he would fall past the Redskins at No. 21.
- Shrager knows of two teams that graded Memphis QB Paxton Lynch higher than California QB Jared Goff. However, neither of those teams have a need at quarterback.
- Additionally, Shrager was told that Ohio State S Vonn Bell could be drafted during the later portion of the first round.
- Schrager mentions Houston CB William Jackson III and Ohio State CB Eli Apple as two players to watch for the Steelers at No. 25.
- Schrager also reports that many teams in the top 15 want the Cowboys to draft Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick.
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins showed no interest in trading for CB Josh Norman after he received permission from the Panthers to seek a trade before eventually having his franchise tag rescinded.
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo said regarding WR Victor Cruz‘s injury: “He’s certainly ready to go if we needed him to go today, but he’s going to go when we deem him ready to go.” (Art Stapleton)
- Peter Schrager has heard the Giants have heavy interest in Georia OLB Leonard Floyd and Michigan State OT Jack Conklin for their first-round pick.
- Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal expects the Patriots to address their defensive line depth through the 2016 NFL Draft, given that five of their defensive lineman are entering contract years.
- These players include defensive ends Jabaal Sheard, Rob Ninkovich and Chris Long, as well as defensive tackles Terrance Knighton and Alan Branch.
- Daniels also mentions the Patriots could look to add a linebacker, since Jamie Collins and Dont’a Hightower are also entering the final year of their contracts and would be high-profile free agents.
- Cornerbacks Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan will also be free agents and could lead to the Patriots drafting a corner this year.
Tags Alan Branch Ben McAdoo Chris Long Chuckie Keeton Dont'a Hightower Eli Apple Ezekiel Elliott Jabaal Sheard Jack Conklin Jamie Collins Jared Goff Josh Norman Karl Joseph Leonard Floyd Logan Ryan Malcolm Butler Paxton Lynch Rob Ninkovich Ryan Kelly Terrence Knighton Victor Cruz Vonn Bell William Jackson III