Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Lions, Patriots, Panthers
NFL Notes: Bills, Lions, Patriots, Panthers
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the contract, reports that Bills QB Tyrod Taylor‘s new contract includes a $500,000 bonus if Buffalo makes it to the division round of the playoffs.
- Beyond that, Taylor can make $1 million for getting the team to the AFC Championship game and $2 million if they reach the Super Bowl.
- These incentives will also be available to him in 2018.
- Dave Birkett points out that the possibility of re-signing veteran WR Anquan Boldin seemed to eliminate the Lions from being in the mix to sign Andre Holmes, who agreed to a contract with the Bills on Saturday.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that veteran WR Danny Amendola will need to take a pay cut from his $6 million salary for the 2017 season to something more in line with his role on the team next year, which should be as a No. 4 or No. 5 receiver.
- However, Reiss believes the fact that Amendola is still on the team’s roster is a good indication that the Patriots are at least leaving the door open for him to possibly return next season.
- While LSU RB Leonard Fournette has been a popular pick for the Panthers in mock drafts, David Newton writes pairing him with veteran Jonathan Stewart would leave the rookie with a limited role, considering that they’re both power backs.
- There are other players at different positions that could make sense for the Panthers, according to Newton, including LSU S Jamal Adams, Ohio State S Malik Hooker, Stanford DE Solomon Thomas, Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore and Clemson WR Mike Williams, but they may not have a big impact in year one, due to team’s depth at these positions.
- With this in mind, Newton mentions Alabama TE O.J. Howard as someone who could step in and have an immediate year-one impact for Carolina in both the passing and running games.
Tags Anquan Boldin Danny Amendola Jamal Adams Jonathan Stewart Leonard Fournette Malik Hooker Marshon Lattimore Mike Williams O.J. Howard Solomon Thomas Tyrod Taylor