The San Francisco 49ers announced that they’ve placed CB Jimmie Ward (shoulder) on season-ending injured reserve and promoted rookie CB Prince Charles Iworah to their active roster.
The 49ers have made several roster moves today including:
- 49ers placed TE Blake Bell on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- 49ers signed TE Jim Dray to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- 49ers signed LB Brandon Chubb to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- 49ers promoted WR DeAndre Smelter to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- 49ers signed WR DiAndre Campbell to their practice squad.
- 49ers signed CB Duke Thomas to their practice squad.
Ward, 25, is a former first-round pick of the 49ers back in 2014. He’s currently in the third year of his four-year, $7.112 million contract and stands to make a base salary of $1,066,594 for the 2016 season. The 49ers will have to decide whether to pick up his fifth-year option next year.
In 2016, Ward appeared in 11 games and recorded 54 tackles, one sack, an interception, a fumble recovery, a forced fumble and 12 pass defenses.