- Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters on Friday that RB LeSean McCoy is still in the concussion protocol. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Regarding QB Derek Anderson’s calf and back injuries, McDermott said they’ve held him back “a little bit” this week, but “he did more today than he did yesterday.” (Mike Rodak)
Following Thursday’s loss to the Texans, Dolphins HC Adam Gase said he hasn’t considered the possibility of replacing DC Matt Burke.
“I haven’t even thought about that,” Gase said, via Pro Football Talk. “In my head, I’m saying that I don’t see that happening. We just need to go back and figure out what is going on to where we’re giving up these massive amounts of yardage in the run game.”
“I’m gonna re-evaluate everything this weekend,” Gase added. “We’ve got to figure out how to get better on defense. We’ve got to figure out how to sustain drives and put it in the end zone on offense. . . . .I’m gonna have to look at everything. It’s about the only good thing about playing on Thursday night. It’s kind of an extra bye week, so go back this weekend try to look through everything, see kind of where a lot the problems are. Kind of look at it as a whole, not just one game, and get an answer.”
- Gase said QB Ryan Tannehill is close to the stage where he can begin throwing again, but he also admitted that they are in “uncharted waters” with Tannehill and need honest feedback from him: “I don’t want to put him a position to where he relapses & we could do this all over again.” (Cameron Wolfe)
- According to Cameron Wolfe, Tannehill returning for Week 9’s game could be “overly optimistic,” which means Brock Osweiler could get another start.
- After setting a career-high in terms of receiving yards, WR DeVante Parker said: “I already know who I am as a player. I’ve still got the talent.” (Miami Herald)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that CB Buster Skrine has cleared the concussion protocol and practiced in full on Friday. (Manish Mehta)
- The New York Jets list WR Robby Anderson (ankle) and CB Trumaine Johnson (quad) doubtful and have C Spencer Long (knee/finger), CB Morris Claiborne, S Marcus Maye, LT Kelvin Beachum, and CB Buster Skrine all down as being questionable.
- The Jets also ruled out WR Quincy Enunwa (ankle) for Sunday.