- Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters on Friday that WR Kelvin Benjamin‘s reps have gone down because they’ve wanted to see what their younger receivers can do with larger opportunities. (Joe Buscaglia)
- The Bills officially ruled out QB Derek Anderson (concussion) and G John Miller (oblique) and list TE Charles Clay (hamstring) as questionable.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase said that WR Danny Amendola will be a game-time decision this weekend. (Adam Beasley)
- The Dolphins have WR Danny Amendola (knee) and C Travis Swanson (ankle) listed as doubtful for Week 13 and WR DeVante Parker (shoulder) and TE A.J. Derby (foot, knee) as questionable.
In fact, Cimini says that there are some within the league who believe Bell-to-the-Jets will happen.
“Given the Jets’ situation, they have to sign him,” a longtime personnel executive tells Cimini. “[They] have to create a positive vibe and Bell fits the bill. Is it the right move? For them, I’d say yes. Their talent is depleted and they have to help the quarterback. They have to pay money to someone, so why not him?”
Sources familiar with GM Mike Maccagnan’s thinking tell Cimini that he will try to make a big splash by reeling in Bell.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said Friday that he won’t name a starting quarterback for Week 13 until Sunday. Sam Darnold was limited on Friday and is listed as questionable while Josh McCown practiced fully today. (Manish Mehta)
- Bowles acknowledged that surgery is a possibility for FS Marcus Maye and a decision should be made soon. (Rich Cimini)
- The Jets tried out G Will House and RB Mark Thompson (signed to practice squad) on Wednesday. (Howard Balzer)
Patriots HC Bill Belichick said that S Obi Melifonwu has done a good job since arriving in New England and worked really hard to pick up the team’s system.
“He’s a smart kid,” Belichick said of Melifonwu, via Boston.com. “He’s worked really hard to learn things on defense and in the kicking game. With any player that’s on a roster, or any new player that’s on our team, roster or practice squad, we just try to move them along and see what they can do, what they’re ready to do. … All of those guys do a good job of trying to be ready, staying on top of their assignments and the game plan. If they get the opportunity then be ready to take advantage of it. Obi did a good job of that.”
- The Patriots officially ruled out TE Dwayne Allen (knee) for Week 13.