“I went back and watched the Miami game a few days ago and he looks like a different player than he did from two or three games ago, which is important and good for him,” McDermott said, via BuffaloBills.com. “The way the game is slowing down for him is encouraging.”
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy said Thursday he’ll be available for Week 16: “I’ll be out there.” (Chris Brown)
Dolphins HC Adam Gase said he is shocked LT Laremy Tunsil did not get elected to the Pro Bowl and believes the lineman is the “best tackle in football.”
“He’s the best tackle in football,” Gase said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “I was shocked because without him, we can’t do anything. He’s on an island every play every game and he knows it. We tell him in the meetings. ‘Here’s what we’re doing protection-wise,’ and I tell him, ‘You’re on your own.’ And the way he sets and the way that he punches and sits down…”
- Regarding WR DeVante Parker seemingly being phased out of the Dolphins’ offensive, OC Dowell Loggains said: “It’s combination of injuries, production, practice.” (Barry Jackson)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles announced Thursday that RT Brandon Shell is undergoing surgery on his injured knee, but said it wasn’t an ACL or MCL injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Shell should be able to participate in offseason workouts after undergoing surgery today, if all goes according to plan. (Greg Joyce)
- Jeff Howe reports that the Patriots attempted to trade for WR Demaryius Thomas before this year’s deadline and denied an inquiry for Phillip Dorsett.
- Howe adds that even with Josh Gordon playing well, the Patriots recognized the possibility that he wouldn’t last the season.
- The NFL officially placed Gordon on the reserve/suspended list Thursday.