“I wasn’t being told the truth at the time. The GM told me one thing and the head coach told me something else,” Taylor said, via Uninterrupted.
- The Jets officially list S Marcus Maye (foot) and WR Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) as doubtful and have ruled out OLB Josh Martin (concussion) for Week 1.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that the Patriots hope to ease RB Rex Burkhead back into the lineup from a “conditioning standpoint” and to get him used to full contact. Reiss expects Burkhead to get some “early-down work” during Week 1.
- Reiss says that RB James White should receive “plenty of time” as the starter with Jeremy Hill rotating as the power runner, given rookie RB Sony Michel (knee) has been limited in practice.
- Reiss notes that P Ryan Allen, DE Trey Flowers, K Stephen Gostkowski, WR Chris Hogan, OT Trent Brown, and CBs Jonathan Jones and Eric Rowe are entering the final year of their contracts.
- If the Patriots are to consider an extension for any of these players, Reiss believes Gostowski should be first in line, considering that he is one of the best kickers in the league and will require a smaller salary than the others.
- As for Flowers, Reiss writes that it is difficult to gauge his potential market price because he is not a traditional 4-3 defensive end. As a result, Reiss could see both sides waiting to see his demands as a free agent.