- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins could use some of the $17 million of cap space they just recently picked up from the release of DT Ndamukong Suh to find some cornerback helps.
- Salguero specifically mentions Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Jeremy Lane as two free agent options for the Dolphins to consider.
- We have both of them featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
New Jets DL Henry Anderson said that the Colts wanted him to drop 25 lbs before they traded him to New York. Now the Jets would like him to put the weight back on.
“That was the sh—y part,” Anderson told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “But it’s part of the business, I guess. . . . I just try to do what I’m told to do and not complain.”
Anderson says that while he could put all of the weight back on soon, he wants to take his time and ensure he’s eating right.
“I’ll get there, but I’m not trying to put it on all at once,” Anderson said. “I could if I wanted to, but I want to keep eating the right type of food and gain it back over time. As long as I’m there during training camp, I’ll be good.”
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports that former Patriots DE Cassius Marsh “pitched a fit” over playing time at halftime of the Patriots-Raiders game in Mexico City, which contributed to his release days later.
- Jeff Howe adds that Marsh Marsh threw a Gatorade jug during a halftime locker-room tirade in Mexico City because he felt he wasn’t playing enough.