Dolphins first-round DB Minkah Fitzpatrick said he is learning the playbook but hopes to establish himself as a good, dependable player during training camp.
“Just to establish myself as a good player. Someone that is dependable that they could put on the field. Someone that is going to do their job; that’s responsible and just do what they gotta do,” said Fitzpatrick, via the Sun-Sentinel.
Jets WR Jermaine Kearse made it clear that he’s prepared to compete with anyone to ensure he has a spot on the 53-man roster.
“Some people don’t want to compete,” Kearse said, via the New York Daily News. “Some people think they should be (guaranteed a spot). But I feel the cream always rises to the top. If someone’s going to beat me, I mean, f–k. They did a hell of a job, because I know I’m not going to make it easy.”
- Nick O’Malley of MassLive.com believes that the Patriots would only consider signing free agent WR Dez Bryant as a “low-risk option” and it’s unlikely they would consider signing him to a multi-year deal.
- O’Malley views veteran free agent RB Adrian Peterson as an “irregular fit” for the Patriots and would only sign with New England in an “ideal scenario.“
- As for the possibility of signing TE Antonio Gates, O’Malley writes there is a “moderate” chance given the team is still looking at options to pair with Rob Gronkowski.
- O’Malley also names DT Johnathan Hankins, LB NaVorro Bowman, LB Jonathan Casillas, WR Eric Decker, DT Nick Fairley, DB Darius Butler, TE Julius Thomas, WR Jeremy Maclin, LB Brian Cushing, TE Coby Fleener, DE Connor Barwin, and LB Sean Weatherspoon as other free agents the Patriots could consider.
- We have most of these players featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.