New Dolphins RB Frank Gore always envisioned that he’d return to Florida and continue his career. Gore adds that he’s hoping to show people he can still play.
“I remember when Bobby McCain, when he was in his rookie or second year, we trained together over the summer,” Gore said, via the Miami Herald. “I told him before the end, I’m going to be in the locker room with you. I remember when I signed, he said ‘Boy, you were right.’ I’m happy to be here. Now I just want to show everybody that I still can play.”
“I still feel good,” Gore added. “I think about it sometimes. I think about how blessed I am to still be playing a game that I love since I was a kid. I always hear it every year: ‘When you turn this age, you can’t do it anymore.’ Especially with what it took me to get here, to play in this league, with the injuries that I had, and still to be blessed to play this game and have pretty good years, I think that’s a blessing.”
One thing in particular that Gore feels could help him this is playing on the Dolphins grass field, as opposed to turf.
“Turf is tough on your body and it’ll have you swollen,” Gore said. “Playing on turf, I wouldn’t get my body back until that Friday. But when I’m playing on grass, I’m good after the game. I’m happy that I’m on grass.”
- Brian Costello of the New York Post writes that WR Terrelle Pryor‘s health is going to be one of the biggest questions for the Jets during training camp.
- Pryor underwent a second surgery on his ankle this spring and subsequently missed OTAs and minicamp while he was in a walking boot.
- While Jets HC Todd Bowles was uncertain whether Pryor would be ready to go for the start of camp, Pryor mentioned that he expects to be ready for Day 1.
- Costello believes Pryor could be one of the best players on the Jets if healthy, but it’s just as possible that he won’t have any impact on their 2018 season.
- Kevin Duffy of MassLive.com takes a look at the top 10 players for the Patriots who have the most to prove this summer.
- Duffy’s list includes RB Mike Gillislee, WR Malcolm Mitchell, OT Trent Brown, WR Cordarrelle Patterson, CB Cyrus Jones, CB Jason McCourty, DE Derek Rivers, LB Elandon Roberts, WR Phillip Dorsett, and P Ryan Allen.