Dolphins WR Albert Wilson says he expects to line up all over the field in his first year in Miami.
“Coach Gase showed me the game plan and all the things he could do with me, and there was no question,” Wilson said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “Here, I get the opportunity to do everything — play outside, inside, run the ball a little bit. To line up everywhere and play multiple positions and be able to be with a young energized great offensive mind.”
“Everybody was used to losing,” Adams said. “You can always tell that vibe. I came in, and it was like everybody wanted to do the bare minimum. They didn’t want to go above and beyond. They didn’t want to take that extra step.
“They didn’t want to be uncomfortable, [but] to be great, you have to be uncomfortable. You have to be willing to sacrifice and willing to do the little things. And the team, the organization, just wasn’t doing those things.”
- Manish Mehta reports that the Jets’ brain trust believes rookie QB Sam Darnold will end up securing the starting job this summer.
- According to Mehta, the Jets plan to give Darnold the same opportunity that Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty got last preseason, only this time they expect Darnold to seize the opportunity.
- Josina Anderson reports that the Jets are still in contact with free agent CB Bashaud Breeland.
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan said that edge rusher is “an area we’re focused on” right now. According to Maccagnan, they plan to explore the waiver wire and trade possibilities throughout the preseason for edge rushers. (Rich Cimini)
- Josina Anderson reports that the Patriots have conveyed to free agent CB Bashaud Breeland that they plan to circle back for conversations about possibly signing him to a contract after their first preseason game.
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Patriots signed WR Eric Decker to a one-year, $1.5 million worth up to $2.1 million and includes a $75K signing bonus.