- Ian Rapoport reports that the Dolphins plan to keep all of their options with WR Jarvis Landry moving forward.
- Rapoport says it’s possible Miami could still trade Landry in the coming weeks for the right price.
- As for a potential long-term extension, Rapoport mentions that it’s more likely Landry would either play out the year under the franchise tag or be traded.
- According to Ian Rapoport, some teams to watch for a potential trade involving Landry could include the Titans, Panthers, Saints, and Bears.
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes that the Jets should re-sign C Wesley Johnson in order to help their pitch to QB Kirk Cousins in free agency.
- According to Vacchiano, the Jets and Johnson have yet to have any substantive discussions regarding a new contract.
- While there are concerns about Johnson, Vacchiano says that it doesn’t make a lot of sense to overspend a free agent when they can keep someone they’ve already been developing at a reasonable salary, possibly around $4 million.
Patriots veteran DT Alan Branch mentioned during an interview with WEEI’s “Dale and Holley Show with Rich Keefe” that he plans to continue his NFL career and “milk it as much as I can.”
“I love playing football. As long as they keep paying me money, I’m going to try to do it,” Branch said, per Mike Reiss of ESPN.
- Branch is owed a $1 million roster bonus due on the first day of the 2018 league year.
- Based on how the season ended, Reiss thinks it would be a “long shot” for the Patriots to bring him back.
- Doug Kyed writes that re-signing OT LaAdrian Waddle would be a smart and safe move for the Patriots.