- Jets HC Todd Bowles said he’s not considering a change in terms of their offensive play-caller: “It’s everybody involved. It’s not just Jeremy [Bates].” (Brian Costello)
- According to Bowles, QB Sam Darnold (foot) is “getting better” but he isn’t sure if Darnold will practice on Wednesday. (Andy Vasquez)
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski told reporters that it “felt good” to return to game action on Sunday.
“It felt good,” Gronkowski said, via Pro Football Talk. “I’ve just been putting the work in the last couple of weeks, whatever it was, to get back and now I just feel like I can keep on improving week in, week out now and do what I have to do to help the team. It felt good to be back out there and it was a good win overall.”
- Jeff Howe mentions that while there is some skepticism about the Patriots’ ability or willingness to re-sign DE Trey Flowers next year, there’s still reason for optimism.
- Howe notes that Flowers is a “model human being” without any character issues whatsoever and he happens to have the same agent as HC Bill Belichick.
- Patriots activated RB Rex Burkhead from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Patriots waived OT Matt Tobin.