- Albert Breer reports that former Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell is high on front-runner Zac Taylor‘s coaching list.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns’ analytics department played a big role in the team’s coaching search that resulted in Freddie Kitchens and Kevin Stefanski being finalists for the job.
- La Canfora says that CSO Paul DePodesta and VP of player personnel Andrew Berry played a pivotal role in this decision to hire Kitchens as their next head coach with GM John Dorsey being the public face of the search and the point-man for the process.
- The Browns were reportedly reluctance to lose Kitchens to another franchise as their offensive coordinator and wanted someone with prior play-calling experience.
- La Canfora adds that the Browns’ analytics department remains a strong force in that organization with a direct line to ownership.
- According to Jason La Canfora, former Packers HC Mike McCarthy and the Browns were never going to be a match. La Canfora says there was little mutual interested between Cleveland and McCarthy and he never seriously spoke to Browns GM John Dorsey about the job, despite working together in Green Bay several years ago.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Browns are interviewing Packers OL coach James Campen on Saturday.
- Bruce Feldman reports that the Browns have hired former Jets’ personnel staffer Tyler Tettleton as an offensive quality control coach.
- Albert Breer reports that the Ravens promoted Greg Roman to offensive coordinator after he was generating interest around the league as an offensive coordinator.