Bengals QB Andy Dalton told reporters on Friday that he should be ready to return from his broken thumb by the start of OTAs.
“There’s no reason to rush anything,” Dalton said, per Jay Morrison. “It’s kind of the same thing when it happened last time, it was like ‘OK, you could be playing in the next round of the playoffs or don’t touch a football for a couple months.‘”
Daltons says he was hoping surgery wasn’t needed, but unfortunately, that proved to not be the case.
“I was hoping for the best,” Dalton said. “But then once we got MRIs and everything came out, surgery was the option. It was the thing to do.”
“Everybody here’s been behind me,” Dalton added. “I’ve never doubted that at all. I think from the top down, the support that I’ve received is what you want. I never had a doubt.”
- The Bengals officially ruled out WR Josh Malone (hamstring) and CB Tony McRae (concussion) for Sunday’s game and list LT Cordy Glenn (back) as doubtful.
- Browns interim coach Gregg Williams said Friday that he doesn’t think rookie OL Austin Corbett‘s foot injury is season-ending, but Corbett has been ruled out for Sunday. (Nate Ulrich)
- Williams doesn’t think S Damarious Randall‘s hamstring injury is serious. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Browns officially ruled out OL Austin Corbett (foot) and list S Damarious Randall (hamstring) and C J.C. Tretter (ankle) as questionable.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said of QB Lamar Jackson in Week 13: “This will be his first road game. I look forward to seeing it. But I don’t have any concerns. I’m not worried about the way he’s going to handle it at all. I’m excited to see how he handles it.” (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Harbaugh, they’re considering activating RB Kenneth Dixon from injured reserve for Sunday’s game. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Ravens officially list QB Joe Flacco (hip) and T James Hurst (back) as doubtful for Sunday’s game and ruled out S Tony Jefferson (ankle).
- Baltimore also has LB Tim Williams (illness), RB Gus Edwards (ankle), DB Anthony Levine (ankle), CB Tavon Young (groin) and RB Alex Collins (foot) listed as questionable.
- The Steelers officially ruled out T Marcus Gilbert (knee) and list S Morgan Burnett (back) as doubtful for Week 13.
- Pittsburgh also has LB Bud Dupree (pectoral) and CB Cameron Sutton (not injury related) down as questionable.