- Paul Dehner Jr. of the Enquirer writes that veteran CB Adam Jones is still a free agent and it’s possible the Bengals could re-sign him to a bargain deal this offseason.
- According to Dehner Jr, the Bengals are interested in signing CB Darqueze Dennard to a long-term extension.
- Dehner Jr mentions that “there could be a serious temptation” for the Bengals to take another cornerback in round one, but it’s more likely they wait until the fifth-round to address the position.
- Some names to keep an eye on, according to Dehner Jr, include Pittsburgh’s Avonte Maddux and Texas’ Holton Hill.
Pat McManamon of ESPN writes that the Browns have the draft capital to move up from No. 4 overall to No. 2 to get the top two players on their draft board if they want.
- Based on the draft value chart, it would likely cost the Browns two of their three second-round picks to move up two spots or they could try to package one second and two third-round picks.
- Mcmanamon admits that the Browns would only do this if they loved a player and didn’t want to risk losing him before they’re on the clock again at No. 4 overall.
- McManamon adds that two player worth targeting for the Browns in a move up the board could be Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and N.C. State DE/OLB Bradley Chubb.
- Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens appeared to be poised to take Dez Bryant with the No. 25 overall pick of the 2010 NFL draft before the Cowboys traded up three spots ahead of Baltimore and took him.
- According to Hensley, a team-produced video showed scouts in the Ravens’ draft room go “stone-faced” after Bryant’s selection was announced and Baltimore then made the decision to trade out of round one.
- A few years later, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said they liked Bryant but wouldn’t confirm that he was their guy: “It was a long time ago. We liked him. Whether we would have taken him with that pick if we hadn’t traded out — if that’s what you’re asking — I really don’t know. … But he is a good player. He is a really talented guy.”
- Bryant is now a free agent and the Ravens have been tossed out as a potential landing spot for him. (NFLTR)
- We have Bryant featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.