Home Bengals AFC North Notes: Bengals, Steelers, Le’Veon Bell
- Steelers owner Art Rooney II said Wednesday that he “feels good about” the running back position without Le’Veon Bell because James Conner and Jaylen Samuels are “two good young players.” (Ed Bouchette)
- Rooney defended the decision to franchise Bell last year by saying: “How often does that happen in the history of the National Football League? To sit there and say you should’ve know? I don’t know. I didn’t expect it so I am guilty of not expecting that to happen.” (Mark Kaboly)
- Steelers owner Art Rooney II mentioned that one of their goals this offseason is to get a contract extension in place for QB Ben Roethlisberger. (Ed Bouchette)
- Rooney would not commit to extending HC Mike Tomlin’s contract, which has two years left, but said: “Those are things we’ll get to later in the offseason.” (Ed Bouchette)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Steelers are expected to hire N.C. State special teams coordinator Eddie Faulkner as their new RBs coach.