- The Browns are hosting free agent WR Dez Bryant for a visit on Thursday. (NFLTR)
- However, Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters that it isn’t a given they’re going to sign him to a contract: “It’s not just a given, we have to work through conversations and feel good about it.” (Nate Ulrich)
Ravens HC John Harbaugh says that free agent addition WR John Brown has been “better than we expected” and a “complete receiver” for them.
“He has been better than we expected,” Harbaugh said, via the Baltimore Sun. “Obviously, we’ve had high hopes for him, but [he’s] better than advertised — probably even better than what the tape showed, I would say. He’s been a complete receiver for us.”
Brown mentioned that he’s now fully healthy and thankful to be with the Ravens.
“I’m fully healthy, and they’re taking care of me,” Brown said. “People don’t even know the situation. They think I’m prone to injury. But I’m just at a place where I’m happy. They’re taking care of me, and they understand me.”
- Harbaugh told reporters that they expect WR Quincy Adeboyejo, LB Bam Bradley and CB Jaylen Hill to open the season on the reserve/PUP list, which means they miss at least the first six games. (Jamison Hensley)
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger left practice early on Tuesday and is being evaluated for a concussion.
- Bob Labriola of Steelers.com confirms that the Steelers are in negotiations with K Chris Boswell regarding a long-term extension.
- Due to a team-imposed policy, the two sides have until Sept. 9 to work out an agreement or Boswell will be in position to be an unrestricted free agent in 2019.
- Labriola admits that the franchise tag could be a possibility for the Steelers next year.