Home Browns AFC North Notes: Browns, Ravens, Steelers
- Browns interim HC Gregg Williams said that Desmond Harrison and Greg Robinson will compete on a daily basis for the starting left tackle job. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Bruce Arians said the Browns head-coaching job is the only one he’d consider returning for. (NFLTR)
- When asked if he would consider starting rookie Lamar Jackson at quarterback, John Harbaugh said: “Joe’s played well, so I don’t want to get into all of that. We’re rolling right now with what we got. Of course, at some point in time, this guy [Jackson] is a quarterback.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Here’s the latest regarding Harbaugh’s job status. (NFLTR)
- Jeremy Fowler reports the Steelers have not had any contact with RB Le’Veon Bell this week and he is not expected to return for their Thursday night game against the Panthers.
- Fowler adds that all eyes remain on the Nov. 13 deadline for Bell to report to the team or he would not be eligible to play at all this season.
- A source tells ESPN that it “doesn’t make any sense for (Bell) to play now” if he’s already committed to losing out on most of his franchise tender: “If he doesn’t want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?“
- On Monday Bell tweeted “Farewell Miami” implying that he could be returning to Pittsburgh. However, Adam Schefter reports that the Steelers still haven’t heard from him and their focus remains the same with the players and coaches in the building preparing for Thursday’s game against the Panthers.