- Browns HC Hue Jackson announced that G Kevin Zeitler is “going to be down for a little while” with his calf injury. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns GM John Dorsey mentioned that he’s at least open to the possibility of signing QB Tyrod Taylor to an extension. (NFLTR)
Ravens QB Robert Griffin III appeared in his first game since the 2016 season on Thursday. Griffin explained that it was really an emotional return for him, given how hard it is to get back in the NFL after missing a year.
“People don’t understand that once you’re out of the league for a year, it’s really hard to get back in, especially if you’re a quarterback and a high draft pick. It’s just really hard to do,” Griffin said, via ESPN’s Jamison Hensley. “[Thursday] was an emotional day for me, just coming back out here. I know it’s the preseason, it’s the Hall of Fame game, but to have an opportunity to come back out here and play football is something that I really cherish.
“You know, a lot of hard work went into it,” Griffin added. “When you’re out of football for a year, sometimes things come into question, and sometimes doubt can start to seep in, and luckily I had the right people around me, and that never happened, and I was about to continue to push through, and that’s why I’m here today. I thank them a lot.”
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin told reporters on Thursday that WR Antonio Brown was sent back to Pittsburgh for evaluation but they view his injury as day-to-day.
- Adam Schefter reports that Brown is expected “to be fine in a few days.”
- According to Pro Football Talk, Brown has a quad strain and will be okay in a few days.