Home Bills AFC Notes: Alex Smith, Browns, Chargers, Titans
- During the Pro Bowl, ESPN’s Louis Riddick identified the Jaguars and Bills as the two teams that could be interested in trading for Chiefs veteran QB Alex Smith this offseason. (Jay Skurski)
- Mary Kay Cabot believes the Browns have other quarterbacks prospects such as Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen rated higher than Baker Mayfield right now.
- Cabot admits that it’s still early in the process, but she doesn’t think Mayfield would be their pick at No. 1 overall.
- If the Browns do end up using their first overall pick on a quarterback, Cabot could see Cleveland trading down from No. 4 overall with a team looking to move up for a quarterback.
- Cabot expected the Browns to acquire a veteran quarterback such as Alex Smith and take a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick, which means DeShone Kizer is unlikely to be in the mix for the starting job in 2018.