- The Bengals have hired Lions assistant DL coach Matt Raich, who will join Teryl Austin’s staff in Cincinnati. (Dave Birkett)
Bills GM Brandon Beane says they’re still in the process of finding their franchise quarterback.
“It’s a quarterback league, and until you know you have the guy that you’re definitely going to build this team around and the offense around, you’re constantly searching,” Beane said with on WGR 550 AM in Buffalo earlier in the week, via NFL.com. “The teams that maked the runs in the playoffs consistently have a franchise guy that they lean on year in and year out. We’re still in the process of getting that accomplished.
“I’m going to get one that I think is the right guy for our team, for this organization, and skill set-wise that we’re looking for,” Beane said. “Good coaches will take whatever this quarterback’s strengths are and work it into the offense. We all know if you draft a guy for a certain coordinator or certain system, that guy goes on and does well and becomes a head coach, and a new guy comes in here and has a different system that doesn’t fit the quarterback, that doesn’t make sense. We’ll draft a guy with a skill set that we think fits, and it will be up to the offensive coordinator and the offensive staff to accentuate whatever his strengths are and hide the weaknesses.”
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, Browns HC Hue Jackson is still evaluating whether or not he’ll hire an offensive coordinator.
- The Cleveland Browns announced that they’ve officially hired Adam Henry as wide receivers coach and Ken Zampese as quarterbacks coach.
- The Browns also confirmed that David Lee (quarterbacks), Shawn Mennenga (special teams assistant), Stan Watson (special teams quality control) and Kirby Wilson (running backs/run game coordinator) have all departed.
- John McClain reports that the Texans have offered Cowboys RBs coach Gary Brown a job as their RBs coach replacing Charles London.