Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Bills, Dolphins & Jets
AFC Notes: Bengals, Bills, Dolphins & Jets
- Coley Harvey reports that the Bengals will move WR James Wright (knee) off the active/PUP list now that he’s been medically cleared to practice.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have not ruled out renegotiating or extending S Reshad Jones‘ contract.
- However, Jones said that he’s no longer concerned about the situation: “Just worried about helping my team win.”
- Charles Robinson mentions that barring major improvement from Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty, the Jets will likely carry four quarterbacks into season.
- According to Robinson, it’s clear that Geno Smith is more valuable to the Jets than he thought, considering he’s clearly their second best quarterback right now.
- In regards to Ryan Fitzpatrick, Robinson says he could very well end up in the same situation as he was this year in 2017.
- Robinson adds that if the Jets keep just three quarterbacks, it’s likely Petty odd-man out, and will be someone they try to stash on practice squad. However, Robinson believes they would probably lose him to another team.
Tags Bryce Petty Christian Hackenberg Geno Smith James Wright Jonathan Dowling Ryan Fitzpatrick