“John had a play last week we weren’t very thrilled with,” Lewis said, via Paul Dehner Jr. of USA Today.
Lewis added Ross needs to understand that he could be targetted in single-coverage situations and that the receiver “let me down.”
“For Andy, against that coverage to throw him that football, he should understand how the quarterback feels about him. That he expects him to be where he needs to be. He let his teammates down. He let me down. He let Andy down.”
Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com heard last week that Broncos HC Vance Joseph could be fighting for his job down the stretch.
Breer believes this is something worth keeping an eye on, even though the team just hired Joseph less than a year ago.
According to Breer, there’s a sense of urgency from the Broncos, considering that their defense is approaching the back end of its prime.
- Joseph said QB Brock Osweiler was limited during Wednesday’s practice due to a right shoulder injury. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Regardless, Joseph indicated the Osweiler is expected to start Week 11, while the team’s backup is still “to be determined.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Jhabvala mentions that Paxton Lynch took the most reps at practice on Wednesday and Joseph pointed out that he could play “if necessary.”
- Michael Lombardi reports that Chiefs OC Matt Nagy is a “hot name” being discussed by teams around the NFL as a head coaching candidate.
- A league source tells Matt Miller that the Jets “love” Wyoming QB Josh Allen.
According to Miller, a Wyoming source added that the Jets have done the most work on Allen up to this point.