- Regarding the Bengals surprising decision to release S George Iloka on Sunday (NFLTR), Katherine Terrell reports that Cincinnati was not happy with how he played last year and explains why they tried to sign Kurt Coleman.
- A source tells Terrell that the Bengals indicated the move was for financial reasons, but it’s obvious they like what they see from second-round pick Jessie Bates.
“There’s a chance,” Jackson said, via Cleveland.com. “Obviously, we’re just going to take it one step at a time. His focus is going to be on meetings and conditioning, and then we’ll just kind of go from there. Hopefully, we can get him up and running by the first game.
“We’re going to take it day by day,” Jackson added. “We’ve not been around him in quite a while. He needs to be back with his teammates and we have to see how that all unfolds, back around the coaches and just getting him back integrated into our system and into how we go about doing things here every day and getting him back to playing football.”
- Browns WR Jarvis Landry says he would still like the team to sign WR Dez Bryant: “He makes the room that much better. He makes the team that much better.” (Scott Petrak)
- Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site mentions that if the Titans keep a fourth running back, UDFA Akrum Wadley figures to be the guys.
- Although Wyatt believes that Wadley has a “chance” to make the 53-man roster, he says that Wadley would “ideally” develop on the practice squad.
- Wyatt notes that a battle for a sixth receiver role could be between Darius Jennings and Nick Williams.
- Wyatt does not think the Titans will sign another quarterback this offseason but could end up waiving sixth-round QB Luke Falk and signing him to the practice squad.