Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Jaguars
AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Jaguars
- Coley Harvey of ESPN believes seventh-round rookie WR Mario Alford‘s impressive speed will earn him valuable playing time this season.
- Harvey does not expect the Bengals to rush in regards to re-signing current players to contract extensions, at least not until all their draft picks have signed.
- Harvey could see Cincinnati allowing RT Andre Smith or LT Andrew Whitworth to enter free agency following the 2015 season, since the Bengals selected tackles in the first two rounds of the draft.
- Wells expects WR T.Y. Hilton to lead the team in touchdown receptions and to have a higher yards-per-reception average than he did last season.
- Colts TE Coby Fleener could end the season with more touchdown receptions than TE Dwayne Allen, due to Fleener’s ability to remain healthy.
- Wells believes its a tossup between Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett and Duron Carter to land No. 3 receiver duties.
- According to Wells, OL Todd Herremans will likely start as a guard, while Hugh Thornton and Lance Louis are front-runners for the other spot. Former CFL OL Ben Heenan is also being in the mix.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN believes that realistic expectations for second-round RB T.J. Yeldon in 2015 are “at least” 700-800 rushing yards rushing and 10-15 receptions.
- GM David Caldwell said it was a “possibility” for the Jaguars to have five running backs on their roster this season.
- DiRocco believes RB Storm Johnson will have to beat out RB Bernard Pierce to make the 53-man roster.
- Johnson could also be on the bubble if the team is “intrigued” with undrafted RB Corey Grant as a kick returner.
- DiRocco expects Zane Beadles to beat out A.J. Cann for the starting left guard position.
- According to DiRocco, the Jaguars are content with their cornerbacks, and that they will not sign any veteran free agents.
- Tandon Doss, Ace Sanders, Rashad Greene, Tony Washington and Neal Sterling are all expected to compete for the fourth and fifth receiver spot.
- DiRocco expects Stefen Wisniewski and Luke Bowanko to compete for the starting center job.
- DiRocco’s “guess” on the starting offensive line includes: Luke Joeckel at left tackle, Beadles at left guard, Wisniewski at center, Brandon Linder at right guard, and Jermey Parnell at right tackle.
Tags A.J. Cann Ace Sanders Albert Wilson Alex Smith Andre Smith Andrew Whitworth Ben Heenan Bernard Pierce Bjoern Werner Brandon Linder Chris Conley Chuck Pagano Coby Fleener Da'rick Rogers David Caldwell Dwayne Allen frankie hammond jr. Hugh Thornton Jason Avant Jermey Parnell Jonathan Newsome Junior Hemingway Lance Louis Luke Bowanko Luke Joeckel Mario Alford Neal Sterling Rashad Greene Robert Mathis Stefen Wisniewski Storm Johnson T.J. Yeldon T.Y. Hilton Tandon Doss Todd Herremans Tony Washington Trent Cole Zane Beadles