Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Jaguars
AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Jaguars
- Coley Harvey of ESPN believes the Bengals are leaning towards selecting an offensive tackle with their first-round pick such as LSU’s La’el Collins, Miami’s Ereck Flowers, or Stanford’s Andrus Peat.
- Harvey could also see the Bengals selecting Alabama S Landon Collins if he is available at their No. 21 overall pick.
- However, if Collins and Flowers are gone by Cincinnati’s pick, Harvey expects the Bengals to address needs at receiver, safety or defensive tackle.
- Harvey could see the Bengals taking Kentucky DE Bud Dupree from a “best player available” perspective, if he is available at No. 21.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN expects the Chiefs to use their No. 18 overall pick on a cornerback.
- Teicher believes the Chiefs would draft Michigan State CB Trae Waynes if he fell to them, though he deems that an unlikely scenario.
- LSU CB Landon Collins and Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson are mentioned as likely choices for the Chiefs at No. 18.
- Teicher says that the Chiefs largest position of need is the center spot, and that they will either add a veteran free agent or draft a player.
- Teicher does not view moving up to draft Louisville WR Devante Parker as a necessity for Kansas City, but could see them moving up a “couple spots” if they are completely sold on him.
- Mike Wells of ESPN says it is “unlikely” for the Colts to trade up during the draft for a player like Alabama S Landon Collins.
- Wells views the Colts acquiring a running back through the draft as a “necessity“, and mentions Boise State’s Jay Ajay, Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah and Miami’s Duke Johnson as players they could target during the mid-rounds.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN expects the Jaguars to select a receiver during the mid-to-late rounds of the draft, assuming of course they don’t take someone round one.
- DiRocco does not see the Jaguars using their No. 3 overall pick on an offensive lineman.
- If the Jaguars pass on drafting receivers Amari Cooper or Kevin White, DiRocco mentions Kansas State’s Tyler Lockett, Miami’s Phillip Dorsett, and Duke’s Jamison Crowder as mid-round targets.
- According to DiRocco, the Jaguars have interest in free agent WR Greg Jennings, and could pursue more free agents to add depth to their interior offensive line.
- GM David Caldwell is believed to be interested in trading down from the No. 3 overall pick, but that will likely depend on who the Titans take at No. 2 overall.
- DiRocco believes the Jaguars will look at add a running back, interior offensive lineman, receiver, free safety or linebacker during the late rounds of the draft.
- If USC DL Leonard Williams is off the board by No. 3, DiRocco views Clemson OLB Vic Beasley, Florida OLB Dante Fowler Jr, Nebraska DE Randy Gregory, and Missouri DE Shane Ray as potential targets.
Tags Amari Cooper Ameer Abdullah Andrus Peat Bishop Sankey Brandon Scherff Brandon Williams Brent Urban Bud Dupree Dante Fowler Jr David Caldwell David Johnson Duke Johnson Ereck Flowers Greg Jennings Jack Del Rio Jaquiski Tartt Jay Ajay jimmy smith Justin Hardy Justin Tucker Kelechi Osemele Kevin White La'el Collins Landon Collins Latavius Murray Leonard Williams Marshal Yanda MyCole Pruitt Randy Gregory ryan delaire Shane Ray Stevan Ridley Steve Bisciotti Timmy Jernigan Trae Waynes Trent Richardson Vic Beasley Zack Hodges