Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Patriots
AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, & Patriots
- Bengals OC Hue Jackson expects rookie TEs Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah to play a role in the offense if they continue to progress during training camp and the preseason.
- However, Coley Harvey mentions that there is a “sizable gap” between the two rookies and TE Tyler Eifert for the starting job.
- Harvey offers some games on the Bengals’ schedule that will be especially important for QB Andy Dalton including: Week 1 at Oakland, Week 3 at Baltimore, and Week 5 vs. Seattle.
- Adam Teicher doesn’t see the Chiefs re-signing CB Sean Smith after the season.
- Teicher notes that Kansas City has been loading up on cornerbacks in recent years, so they won’t be desperate to lock up Smith to an extension.
- Teicher mentions that the starting center spot appears to be Eric Kush‘s to lose right now.
- Teicher expects Jeff Allen to their starting right guard.
- Regarding former Pro Bowl S Eric Berry, Teicher doesn’t see any way he’s back until the midway point at the earlest.
- Despite the fact that HC Andy Reid has said that they won’t have interest in free agent G Evan Mathis, Teicher wouldn’t be shocked if things changed now that they have more cap space to work with.
- Field Yates of ESPN writes that WR Brandon Gibson could end up being the next free agent receiver signing to pan out for the Patriots.
- Yates expects K Stephen Gostkowski play out all four years of his $17.2 million contract in New England.
- While Patriots HC Bill Belichick has long admired WR Reggie Wayne, Yates doesn’t expect the Patriots to seriously pursue him in the coming weeks.
Tags andy dalton Anthony Castonzo Brandon Gibson C.J. Uzomah Donte Moncrief Duron Carter Eric Berry Eric Kush Evan Mathis Gosder Cherilus Jack Mewhort Jeff Allen Khaled Holmes Phillip Dorsett Reggie Wayne Sean Smith Stephen Gostkowski Todd Herremans Tyler Eifert Tyler Kroft