Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Jaguars, Jets & Ravens
AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Jaguars, Jets & Ravens
- Coley Harvey of ESPN believes the Bengals will address receiver, offensive tackle, and the secondary in the 2015 NFL Draft, and target a pass rusher in free agency.
- Hensley mentions DT Terrance Knighton as a realistic free agent target for Cincinnati from a financial standpoint.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN does not see the Chiefs pursuing WR Jeremy Maclin in free agency due to their lack of cap space.
- Teicher expects the Chiefs will release WR Donnie Avery to save $3.5 million in cap space.
- According to Teicher, the Chiefs could keep WR A.J. Jenkins around seeing as he has a $1.5 million salary next season.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN admits that another underwhelming season for the Jaguars could result in HC Gus Bradley possibly losing his job, even though owner Shad Kahn has supported him despite the team’s struggles.
- DiRocco doesn’t see the Jaguars overpaying for DT Ndamukong Suh this offseason, but he could see them targeting pass-catching tight end such as Julius Thomas.
- According to Rich Cimini of ESPN, “it makes no sense” for the Jets to pursue DT Ndamukong Suh from a financial or schematic standpoint.
- Cimini also cannot see the Jets getting involved a potential trade for RB Adrian Peterson.
- Cimini mentions that he could see the Jets showing “some interest” in QB Ryan Mallett this offseason, but also admits that Mallett is a “huge unknown.”
- The Jets will need to target a “top-shelf” cornerback in the coming months. Beyond that, Cimini lists wide receiver, quarterback and safety as other areas of need for the Jets.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN mentions that TE Jordan Cameron would be an unrealistic target due for Baltimore due to their lack of cap space.
- Hensley believes the Ravens will prioritize finding a running back, wide receiver, cornerback, and strong safety in free agency.
- As for potential draft targets, Hensley believes they should consider any position outside of quarterback, offensive lineman, outside linebacker, or kicker in the first round.
- Hensley points out that the Ravens tend to target cap casualties in free agency, as it doesn’t impact their compensatory draft picks.
- According to Hensley, some players that could fall into this category: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson, Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe, 49ers TE Vernon Davis, Eagles CB Cary Williams, and Raiders SS Tyvon Branch.
- The Ravens are financially committed to Pitta even if he can’t play in 2015. Pitta’s $4 million salary is guaranteed
- Hensley notes that the Ravens are financially committed to TE Dennis Pitta, even if he can’t play in 2015.
Tags A.J. Jenkins Adrian Peterson Cary Williams Dennis Pitta Donnie Avery Dwayne Bowe Gus Bradley Jeremy Maclin Jordan Cameron Julius Thomas Ndamukong Suh Ryan Mallett Terrance Knighton Tyvon Branch Vernon Davis Vincent Jackson