- Bengals RB Joe Mixon, who recently underwent knee surgery, said he had a “slight tear” in his meniscus, but he feels great and has been walking around. (Katherine Terrell)Bengals first-round C Billy Price said is dealing with a foot injury and is currently in a walking boot. The good news is that this isn’t an ankle or Lisfranc issue, but the plan is still for him to be re-evaluated in two weeks. (Paul Dehner Jr)
- According to Howard Balzer, the Cincinnati Bengals worked out four running backs on Tuesday including RB Matthews Dayes, RB Troymaine Pope, RB Thomas Rawls and RB Fitzgerald Toussaint.
- Of this group, the Bengals signed Thomas Rawls to a contract on Wednesday. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport reports that K Randy Bullock‘s new two-year extension with the Bengals is worth $4.205 million in new money.
- Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon (ankle), RB Brandon Wilds (illness), C Brandon Linder (knee), and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (core muscle) did not take part in Wednesday’s practice. (John Oesher)
- Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) returned to practice on Wednesday.
“I think that he’s the best in the world,” Roethlisberger said, via ESPN.com. “When you’re the best in the world, you want to help participate, you want to win football games. We’re all a little frustrated that we’re not winning right now. … AB is a very passionate football player, I think we all know that, the fans know that. That’s what makes him special, the passion he has for this game and the passion to be great. We’re not going to want to take that away from him.”
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said Wednesday of Brown: “He and I met [Tuesday] for an extended period of time; I’ll leave the nature of that conversation between us. There was discipline involved for his missed meeting. Some of the other things we talked about extensively he’ll speak for himself.” (Gerry Dulac)
- Gerry Dulac reports that the Steelers will not punish Brown with anything more than a potential fine and they intend for him to suit up on Monday against the Buccaneers.