- Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that this year’s supplemental draft picks could pique the Bengals interest.
- Owczarski points out that Virginia Tech DB Adonis Alexander, Mississippi State S Brandon Bryant and Western Michigan CB Sam Beal all fit positions and physical traits that suit the Bengals.
- Beyond that, the Bengals do have some late-round picks to work with next year.
- Mike Reiss‘ belief is that once Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski visited with Bill Belichick on April 24 to open the lines of communication and declare his intentions to play in 2018, the team was fully committed to him, as he was to the team.
- New Patriots OT Trent Brown has taken first-round pick Isaiah Wynn under his wing and the two have been working as the team’s top left tackle and left guard during minicamp.
“It’s helpful,” Conner said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s helping me to play fast. It’s valuable time right now, and I’m trying to take advantage.”
“I’m starting to understand a little bit more. I’m still learning the offense, still growing and still trying to prove myself every day.”