- Mike Rodak writes that there’s a “good chance” veteran C Eric Wood will play out the final year of his contract. However, there’s at least some question about his standing with the team after the Bills decided to match the Rams’ two-year, $5 million offer for restricted free agent Ryan Groy this offseason.
- Rodak adds that the Bills paying Groy a larger salary at least opens the possibility that they could move on from Wood and save $4.13 million against their salary cap.
- According to Jeff Legwold, “it’s likely now or never” for former second-round WR Cody Latimer to prove his value to the Broncos.
- Legwold points out that while Latimer has carved out a niche on special teams, he has never caught more than eight passes in any season.
- The Broncos bolstered their depth at receiver in this year’s draft by taking Carlos Henderson and Isaiah McKenzie, which means Latimer could find himself on the chopping block this summer.
- Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey announced that he was able to run for the first time since undergoing core muscle surgery during OTAs.
- The expectation is that Ramsey should be ready for the start of the regular season. (NFLTR)
“This is being as genuine as I can be,” Downing said. “He has pleasantly surprised me at every turn. It’s been really neat to be around him. … So everything that we’ve seen on him thus far — and, of course, we’ve only been in pajamas out there practicing — but what we’ve seen has been fantastic. And I’m as excited as the rest of Raider Nation to see what he’s got.”