- Bills HC Sean McDermott mentioned that he believes their No. 2 receiver behind Sammy Watkins is already on their roster.
- McDermott said they plan to look at picking up Watkins’ fifth-year option and “the next couple weeks will be big for that [discussion].” (Mike Rodak)
- As for his relationship with GM Doug Whaley, McDermott said: “The relationship with Doug Whaley and staff has been seamless.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- Mike Rodak mentions that it’s possible Andre Holmes could be the early favorite for the No. 2 receiver job now that they lost Robert Woods to the Rams.
- However, McDermott added that they’re “looking to add” more help at receiver. (Vic Carucci)
- McDermott said he envisions Reggie Ragland as his starting middle linebacker. (Mike Rodak)
Browns HC Hue Jackson said at the NFL owners meetings on Tuesday that they haven’t done any work on free agent QB Colin Kaepernick.
“We haven’t done any homework for this year,” Jackson said, via CSN Bay Area. “My homework would’ve been for 2011 on Colin. We haven’t done much more since then, to be very honest with you. So, because, there are some other guys we’re chasing.
“It doesn’t mean that we won’t go back and re-visit him. It all depends on how everything shakes out over the next several weeks.”
This is interesting because the Browns reportedly spoke to the 49ers about a trade for Kaepernick last year. However, Jackson said that trade talks “didn’t get really that deep.”
“It didn’t get really that deep,” Jackson said. “I know everybody was reporting that we were in it. I don’t think it was as deep as people said it was. It was always kind of known that he was not leaving. So your work has to be done when you know there’s a legitimate opportunity for things to happen. What I know of Colin is what I know. I have not studied him much since the time when he was coming out.”
- Jackson was asked if Brock Osweiler will be on the Browns’ roster this year, to which he replied: “Well, I don’t know that.” (Marc Sessler)
- Tony Grossi reports that the Browns have been informed that they will not be forced to appear on this year’s season of “Hard Knocks” despite the fact that they’re one of the seven teams that could be forced to do so.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano said he loves the depth of this year’s draft class. Pagano specifically mentioned that it’s a great defensive draft. (Kevin Bowen)
- As for positions he believes they need to target, Pagano said adding a young running back is “paramount” and he’s open to bringing in another offensive lineman. (Kevin Bowen)
- Chuck expects there to “significant competition” at receiver this summer. (Stephen Holder)
- In regards to cornerback, Pagano said they’ll lean on Rashaan Melvin and others behind Vontae Davis, while also addressing the position in the draft. (Stephen Holder)