- Mike Rodak of ESPN writes that Bills S Jonathan Meeks has a 55 percent chance of making the team’s 53-man roster, due to the limited depth behind starting S Aaron Williams.
- According to Rodak, Meeks’ main competition for a roster spot will likely come from Ron Brooks, Ross Cockrell and Bacarri Rambo.
Even though Marcus Mariota told reporters that he “never had any contact with the Browns,” Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that this doesn’t mean Cleveland wasn’t interested in making a play for him during the draft.
According to Florio, this boils down to three issues.
- The first of which is that it’s common for teams to not have contact with players they ultimately end up drafting.
- Second, they already had great insight as to the kind of prospect Mariota is, given that QBs coach Kevin O’Connell worked extensively with him in preparation for the draft.
- Florio’s third and final point is that numerous reports linked the Browns to Mariota in the months leading up to the draft, so it’s not as though this was some random rumor circulating around the Internet.
The Titans announced Thursday that they have renamed their home field will now be known as Nissan Stadium after a new 20-year agreement with the automaker.
Nissan executive VP José Muñoz mentioned that their partnership with the Titans will help with their release of the “America Titan” truck.
“For us, this event is extremely important because it not only offers us the opportunity to partner with a great institution, with a great family…but also, as you probably know, we’re about to launch a brand new generation ‘Titan,’ which we call the ‘American Titan,‘” Muñoz said.