New Bills WR Jordan Matthews said he’s “extremely confident” he’ll be ready in time for the start of the regular season.
“I had a [knee] injury last preseason, unfortunately, and it kind of kept me out of some time when I was with the Eagles,” Matthews said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN. “But I was able to come back Week 1 and have a very productive game. I know how to take mental reps, I know how to stay in shape and I know how to make sure that I’m on top of the playbook.
“But obviously, it’s a totally different scenario. I was with the Eagles for a long time. This scenario is different. I’ve only been with the Bills for a little while. I want to be able to go out there and prove myself to my teammates, I want them know I’m tough, and I want them to know that I’m not the type of guy that wants to miss practice and I’m just going to be there for games. I want to be there before that, but I am extremely confident that I will be able to play in Week 1.”
- Over the weekend, a rumor surfaced that the Colts have WR Phillip Dorsett available for trade. (NFLTR)
- Stephen Holder mentions that he believes it’s true, but he’d be “stunned” to see a team trade for Dorsett right now when we’re so close to roster cuts.
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins considered a number of players on the Eagles a few years ago when the acquired LB Kiko Alonso from Philadelphia in return for CB Byron Maxwell.
- Eagles LB Mychal Kendricks was among the players considered by the Dolphins before they agreed to the trade involving Alonso.
- However, Alonso stood out given that they viewed him as a three-down linebacker with two years of control.
- It’s notable that the Dolphins had interest in Kendricks, as he’s reportedly on the trading block and the Dolphins lost rookie Raekwon McMillan for the season last week.