The Buffalo Bills have an open roster after they reached an agreement on a settlement with C Eric Wood. However, Bills HC Sean McDermott explained that they plan to be patient and look for the right opportunity.
“As far as the roster goes, the approach that Brandon (Beane) and I take is that we talk every day and really, it’s not about, and you’ve heard us say this before, it’s not about getting to 90, it’s the right 90,” McDermott said, via BuffaloBills.com. “We’d rather be patient at this point and just make sure it’s the right player at the right time. I know Brandon and his staff are continuously evaluating that and I know that, when they find the right opportunity, they’ll jump on it.”
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, “watching Brock Osweiler throw in Miami Dolphins practices the past three weeks at times has been akin to watching a pitcher with control problems.“
- Jackson says that Osweiler’s accuracy issues were apparent on Tuesday, but he was able to work in some good throws. Even so, Jackson says that he’ll need to do better if he’s going to beat out David Fales and underdog Bryce Petty for the backup this summer.
- As for Petty, Jackson says that he’s also been inconsistent with accuracy but managed to mix in some good throws as well.
- Jackson adds that the Dolphins need more consistency from OTs Laremy Tunsil and Ja’Wuan James after they allowed some sacks and were called for penalties in practice.
- Jackson reports that the Dolphins recently hosted FIU coach Butch Davis, FIU assistant athletic director Ken Dorsey, former Packers DC Dom Capers and former Dolphins executive Dawn Aponte at practice in recent weeks.
- Rich Cimini reports that the Jets signed veteran S J.J. Wilcox to a one year, $1.25 million contract that includes a $1 million base salary with $210,000 fully guaranteed.
- Wilcox also receives a $250,000 roster bonus, which amounts to $15,625 for every game he’s on the active roster.