- The Bills announced Saturday that WR Kelvin Benjamin will not travel to Kansas City with the team and has been downgraded to out for Sunday’s game.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that if USC QB Sam Darnold decides to stay in school for another year, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and possibly Baker Mayfield will all benefit greatly.
- People close to Darnold have indicated that he’s leaning toward returning to USC for another season.
- According to Cimini, odds are the Jets would have to trade up for a quarterback in next year’s draft based on where they’re projected to finish the season.
- In regards to Rosen, Cimini’s sense is that the Jets were “impressed by his performance last Saturday night against USC, especially the way he delivered the ball on time, staying in rhythm with the offense.”
Patriots QB Tom Brady missed some practice this week with an Achilles injury. However, Brady says he’s feeling “great” and looking forward to Sunday’s game.
“I feel great,” Brady said, via Pro Football Talk. “Yeah, ready to go, so I’ll be excited for Sunday. It was good just to get a little extra treatment, and I’m feeling great this time of year. So, it’ll be a fun week. Nothing to worry about.”
- Cameron Wolfe of ESPN writes that it’s unlikely there will be a true lead running back transition this from DeMarco Murray to Derrick Henry.
- According to Wolfe, if Murray is healthy enough to play, will remain the starter.