Bills RB LeSean McCoy says he was surprised he only received eight touches during Sunday’s shutout loss to the Packers.
“I don’t know,” McCoy said, via the Buffalo News. “We were down, I guess, so trying to throw the ball. I’m not sure. I don’t know. I know the plan was to get me the ball. We’ll figure it out. We’ll get it together.”
- Mike Rodak of ESPN writes that the Bills should consider trading veteran RB LeSean McCoy and WR Kelvin Benjamin before this year’s deadline.
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said that S Micah Hyde (groin) is week-to-week, RB Marcus Murphy (ribs) should be fine moving forward, RB LeSean McCoy and WR Kelvin Benjamin are both okay. (Mike Rodak)
- Adam Schefter reports that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski’s ankle injury that prevented him from finishing Sunday’s game is not considered serious. Although, Gronkowski is expected to be questionable for Thursday night’s game against the Colts.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick was asked about Mike Lombardi’s saying Gronk isn’t as quick: “I don’t know. That’s a hard question, you know how it is week-to-week. … Overall, [Rob Gronkowski has] been a pretty effective player for us and has been able to make plays down the field.” (Ryan Hannable)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that CB Jimmy Smith would play on Sunday “if he’s in shape and if he practices well.” Smith served his four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy. (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Harbaugh, RB Alex Collins will not lose his starting job, despite his fumble issues: “Alex is a trustworthy guy. I fully expect him to clean that up real quick.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said there’s a “good chance” TE Hayden Hurst (foot) makes his NFL debut in Week 5. (Jamison Hensley)
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger took the blame for Sunday’s loss to the Ravens, saying “I don’t think I’m on the same page with anybody right now.”
“I don’t think I’m on the same page with anybody right now,” Roethlisberger said, per Jeremy Fowler. “I’m not playing well enough. I need to play better. Today was just a bad day at the office…I promise I’ll be back to play better.“