- Joel Corry points out that with the Patriots signing WR Corey Coleman to a contract on Tuesday, the Bills will get to offset the amount he makes from his Pats deal.
- Assuming Coleman signed for the league minimum of $630,000 and doesn’t get cut this season, the Bills would get $592,941 of salary cap relief.
- According to Howard Balzer, the New England Patriots brought in four players for tryouts on Monday including WR Corey Coleman, WR Bennie Fowler, WR Greg Ward and LB Ufomba Kamalu.
- Of this group, the Patriots signed Coleman and Fowler to contracts.
“We all have to do better,” O’Brien said, via the Houston Chronicle. “We have to put them in better positions coaching-wise, he has to make better reads, make better decisions. Again, it’s only I think his seventh game as a starter in this league. He hasn’t played football in a live game, a regular season game, in a while. Played in the preseason but not in a regular season game. There’s a little bit of rust involved in all of those things and I know that he will improve. He’ll work very hard to improve but there’s a lot of work to do.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans plan to designate CB Kevin Johnson, who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday, as one of their two players to return.
- According to Wilson, the Texans could promote CB Andre Chachere in the coming days.