Home / Bills / AFC Notes: Bills, Ravens, Steelers, Titans
AFC Notes: Bills, Ravens, Steelers, Titans
- Bills GM Brandon Beane said of new QB A.J. McCarron: “We took it slow. I know everybody was jumping on guys quick. I went with the more methodical, ‘Let’s make the right decision. Let’s not get into chase mode.’” (Mike Rodak)
- Beane said he spoke to Browns HC Hue Jackson and other coaches about McCarron.
- According to Beane, McCarron isn’t a “bridge” option for them: “I don’t look at AJ as a bridge. Bridge isn’t in my vocabulary. This is a chance for AJ to come in and compete. Nothing is being given for any position.” (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding their draft plans, Beane said: “Everybody assumes we’re going higher [in the draft]. I don’t know that.” (Mike Rodak)
- Beane said that the situation involving C Eric Wood is still “on my back burner right now” and there no timetable for making a move with him. (Mike Rodak)
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome told reporters on Friday that they are “still heavily involved in free agency and improving our football team.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Regarding the failed physical that led to the Ravens backing out of their four-year, $29 million deal with WR Ryan Grant, Newsome explained: “I did not get the results of Ryan’s physical until about 4 o clock yesterday.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Newsome said they consulted with many doctors around the country about Grant’s ankle: “It’s not a football decision. It’s a medical decision that I had no control over.“
- According to Newsome, they would have still pursued WR Michael Crabtree, even if their deal with Grant went through. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Newsome mentioned that they still have enough cap space to sign two or three more quality football players. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- One position to watch for the Ravens, according to Newsome, is at tight end: “That could also be a position that we will add to our roster if possible.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Paul Kuharsky points out that one situation involving the Titans to watch in the coming days is whether Tennessee makes a move involving DT Sylvester Williams before his 2018 base salary of $5 million becomes fully guaranteed on Sunday.
Tags A.J. McCarron Antonio Brown Ben Roethlisberger Brandon Beane Eric Wood Hue Jackson Joe Haden LT Alejandro Villanueva Michael Crabtree Ozzie Newsome Ryan Grant Sylvester Williams