Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post takes a look at some trade options for the Broncos to consider ahead of Tuesday’s deadline.
- Wolfe mentions left tackles like Browns Joe Thomas and 49ers Joe Staley could both be upgrades over Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson.
- If the Broncos want to bolster their running back depth after losing C.J. Anderson for an extended period of time, Wolfe mentions Cowboys RB Darren McFadden and Ravens RB Buck Allen as two players who could be worth considering.
- Jets DL Sheldon Richardson is also reportedly on the trading block but Wolfe says that pursuing a deal for him would obviously be very costly for the Broncos, especially when you consider he’ll need to be signed to a long-term extension and has had off-the-field issues in the past.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson announced that rookies QB Cody Kessler and WR Corey Coleman both have been cleared to practice in full. (Tony Grossi)
- In regards to newly acquired LB Jamie Collins, Jackson said they wouldn’t have made the trade for Collins if didn’t think could keep him long term while adding: “We’d love to keep him.” (Scott Petrak)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Chargers WR Travis Benjamin has been battling a PCL sprain for weeks and is now getting a second opinion, as he continues to deal with discomfort.
- Doug Kyed of NESN writes that rookie Elandon Roberts likely will take over Jamie Collins’ early-down responsibilities in run situations with Barkevious Mingo being the most logical successor to his passing-down role.
- Of course, the Pats could still work Shea McClellin, Rob Ninkovich and Kyle Van Noy into the mix as well.